The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Take the heat off of understanding thermodynamics
Now you can get much-needed relief from the pressure of learning the fundamentals of thermodynamics! This practical guide helps you truly comprehend this challenging engineering topic while sharpening your problem-solving skills.
Written in an easy-to-follow format, Thermodynamics Demystified begins by reviewing basic principles and discussing the properties of pure substances. The book goes on to cover laws of thermodynamics, power and refrigeration cycles, psychrometrics, combustion, and much more. Hundreds of worked examples and equations make it easy to understand the material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and two final exams help reinforce learning.
- This hands-on, self-teaching text offers:
- Numerous figures to illustrate key concepts
- Details on the first and second laws of thermodynamics
- Coverage of vapor and gas cycles, psychrometrics, and combustion
- An overview of heat transfer SI units throughout
- A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam or at work
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Thermodynamics Demystified is your shortcut to mastering this essential engineering subject.
352 pages; ISBN 9780071606004
, or download in or