New to

English for Gifted and Talented Students

11-18 Years

English for Gifted and Talented Students by Geoff Dean
'Geoff Dean's English for Gifted and Talented Students 11-18 is a principled and pragmatic book that will provide Heads of Department with a foundation in this important area of curriculum development' - English Drama Media

'The really surprising thing about Geoff Dean's book is that you come away from it with more than you expected....[This] book shows the English teacher how to plan for and deliver those life-changing moments in the classroom' - G & T Update

Includes CD-Rom

`This is a sourcebook of ideas and gives valuable information about the latest research on learning and teaching, as well as signposting the way forward in providing for the most able in English. It recognises the questions posed by new technologies, and gives guidance on how to harness these changes to help equip talented young people for life in the twenty first century' - Jude Brigley, Director of Learning and Teaching at Cardiff High School, and Chair of NACE CYMRU

Are you stuck for ways to stretch your best English students?

By focusing on what excites and motivates all learners, this book provides you with a clear guide to ensuring sound provision for your gifted and talented students.

Included is advice on:

ohow to identify more able students

owhat to do to get other staff on board

osuccessful strategies for working with more able students

ousing ICT effectively in lessons and activities

ohow to measure students' progress

opersonalised learning

There is an accompanying CD which contains photocopiable material which will help you plan your lessons and departmental strategy.

SAGE Publications; April 2008
Title: English for Gifted and Talented Students
Author: Geoff Dean
Buy, download and read English for Gifted and Talented Students (eBook) by Geoff Dean today!