The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
An Oral History of 9/11 (2nd Ed)
Including follow-up interviews that track contributors' lives since 9/11, as well as never-before-published photographs, this expanded second edition of a literary time capsule preserves a monumental tragedy in American history through the voices of the people who were in Lower Manhattan and elsewhere in New York at the time of the attack. The diverse stories chronicled here include a small group of people who made it safely down from the 89th floor of Tower 1, a paramedic who set up a triage area 200 yards from the base of the towers before they collapsed, and ordinary citizens trying to get on with their lives in the days following the tragic event. Voices represented include police, firefighters, paramedics, reporters, volunteers, eyewitnesses, the bereaved of 9/11, World Trade Center structural engineers, political experts, political dissidents, and children who witnessed the events.
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
History for the IB Diploma: Causes, Practices and Effects of Wars 2011 US$ 26.00 241 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Refugee problems
- Current Events > American
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Terrorism
- History > United States
- History > Oral History