The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Lobbying in America: A Reference Handbook
A Reference Handbook
Lobbying in America: A Reference Handbook offers readers an insightful survey of interest group politics in the United States—the strategies, techniques, and impact both positive and negative. Written by one of the nation's premier scholars on the subject, it reveals the inner workings of the lobbying process like no other volume before it.
Lobbying in America traces the growth of interest groups from the nation's infancy to the present. The book examines a range of related issues and controversies, including infamous scandals, attempts to regulate lobbying, and the overriding constitutional question of whether limiting money in politics is an infringement of free speech. Comparisons to lobbying systems in other countries as well as listings of key organizations and an extensive bibliography round out a volume that could not be more timely.
308 pages; ISBN 9781598841138
, or download in
Title: Lobbying in America: A Reference Handbook
Author: Ronald Hrebenar; Bryson Morgan
More Social Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > Government. Public administration > Congress. Legislative branch
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Congress. Legislative branch
- Political Science > Foreign Aid
- Social Science > Social Issues