The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Handbook of Research on Literacy and Diversity
Timely and authoritative, this is the first research handbook to address all dimensions of diversity that have an impact on literacy achievement. Leading experts examine how teaching and learning intersect with cultural and language differences and socioeconomic disparities in today's increasingly diverse schools and communities. The volume weaves state-of-the-art research findings together with theory, policy considerations, and discussions of exemplary instructional practices. It offers fresh perspectives on such topics as family literacy, multiliteracies, drawing on cultural resources in the classroom, factors that promote success in high-poverty schools, equity issues, and ways to teach specific literacy skills. The concluding section provides crucial recommendations for teacher preparation and professional development.
More from this author
- Teaching with the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, Grades 3-52012US$ 28.00288 pages
- Comprehension Instruction, Second Edition2008US$ 47.00447 pages
More Language Arts
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Educational sociology
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Elementary or public school education
- Education > Research
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Literacy
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Semantics