The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Routledge Handbook of Applied Communication Research
The Routledge Handbook of Applied Communication Research provides a state-of-the-art review of communication scholarship that addresses real-world concerns, issues, and problems. This comprehensive examination of applied communication research, including its foundations, research methods employed, significant issues confronted, important contexts in which such research has been conducted, and overviews of some exemplary programs of applied communication research, shows how such research has and can make a difference in the world and in people’s lives.
The sections and chapters in this Handbook:
- explain what constitutes applied communication scholarship, encompassing a wide range of approaches and clarifying relationships among theoretical perspectives, methodological procedures, and applied practices
- demonstrate the breadth and depth of applied communication scholarship
- review and synthesize literature about applied communication areas and topics in coherent, innovative, and pedagogically sound ways
- set agendas for future applied communication scholarship.
Unique to this volume are chapters presenting exemplary programs of applied communication research that demonstrate the principles and practices of such scholarship, written by the scholars who conducted the programs.
As an impressive benchmark in the ongoing growth and development of communication scholarship, editors Lawrence R. Frey and Kenneth N. Cissna provide an exceptional resource that will help new and experienced scholars alike to understand, appreciate, and conduct high-quality communication research that can positively affect people’s lives.
711 pages; ISBN 9781135231798
, or download in
More Language Arts
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Communication
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Communication. Mass media > Mass media; Research; Methodology
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Communication. Mass media
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication