The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Logic and the Art of Memory
The Quest for a Universal Language
A brilliant translation of this classic account of the art of memory and the logic of linkage and combination, the two traditions deriving from the Classical world and the late medieval period, and becoming intertwined in the 16th Century. From this intertwining emerged a new tradition, a grandiose project for an 'alphabet of the world' or 'Clavis Universalis'. Translated with an Introduction by Stephen Clucas.
More Language Arts
- Academic > Logic > Philosophical logic > Logic, Ancient > Logic, Modern
- Academic > Logic > Philosophical logic > History > By period
- Academic > Philosophy > Philosophical logic > Logic, Ancient > Logic, Modern
- Academic > Philosophy > Philosophical logic > History > By period
- Philosophy > Logic
- Language Arts & Disciplines