The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Reception of Blake in the Orient
This volume brings together research from international scholars focusing attention on the longevity and complexity of Blake`s reception in Japan and elsewhere in the East. It is designed as not only a celebration of his art and poetry in new and unexpected contexts but also to contest the intensely nationalistic and parochial Englishness of his work, and in broader terms, the inevitable passivity with which Romanticism (and other Western intellectual movements) have been received in the Orient.
More from this author
More Literary Criticism
Salem Story 1993 US$ 38.00 302 pages
Cracking the SAT Literature Subject Test, 2013-2014 Edition 2013 US$ 12.99 256 pages
- Academic > Literature > English literature > By period > Modern
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > 19th century, 1770/1800-1890/1900
- Art > History
- Poetry > Ancient, Classical & Medieval
- Literary Criticism > Poetry
- Foreign Language Books
- Foreign Language Study