The Continuum Companion to Twentieth Century Theatre
International in scope, this book is designed to be the pre-eminent reference work on the English-speaking theatre in the twentieth century. Arranged alphabetically, it consists of some 2500 entries written by 280 contributors from 20 countries which include not only top-level experts, but, uniquely, leading professionals from the world of theatre. A fascinating resource for anyone interested in theatre, it includes:
- Overviews of major concepts, topics and issues;
- Surveys of theatre institutions, countries, and genres;
- Biographical entries on key performers, playwrights, directors, designers, choreographers and composers;
- Articles by leading professionals on crafts, skills and disciplines including acting, design, directing, lighting, sound and voice.
Title: The Continuum Companion to Twentieth Century Theatre
Author: Colin Chambers
More Social Science
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Collections > Dictionaries
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Social Science > Popular Culture