The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne is a leading clinical and training centre in paediatrics. This Handbook is a highly popular, succinct guide to managing common and serious disorders in childhood. It is used far beyond the hospital by medical, nursing, and allied health professionals caring for children. It emphasizes the community-based approach to the management of children's problems along with clinical management by the doctor of first contact. This new 8th edition has been updated in line with the Hospital's Clinical Practice Guidelines and features clear illustrations and diagnostic and management algorithms.
The must have management guide for all paediatric clinicians and students
With today’s busy clinician requiring an reliable, ‘one-stop-shop’ to questions on important paediatric conditions, who better to present the latest edition of a popular paediatric handbook than the team at The Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, long-regarded as the leading clinical and training centre for Paediatric Medicine in Australia?
Some of the exciting new features of the 8th edition include:
• New chapters on sleep, continence, slow weight gain (failure to thrive) and obesity
• Extensively revised chapters on renal conditions, pain management and immigrant health
• New topics on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (pumps), cystic fibrosis, stroke and management of illicit drug poisoning
• Links to useful internet websites are now included, indicated by a www symbol in the text margins
• A new supplementary website at www.rchhandbook.org
• Resuscitation guide and Australian Immunisation schedule on inside covers
Besides being a clinical management guide to paediatrics, this is also an excellent supplemental handbook for students, junior medical staff and any medical practitioners needing a tool to enable fast decisions at point of care.
Review of the previous edition
“ This is an excellent handbook, which is most comprehensive and easy to use. It is highly recommended for all resident and registrar staff in paediatric hospitals and paediatric units. “
- Journal of Paediatric Child Health
656 pages; ISBN 9781444359152
, or download in or