The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne is a leading clinicaland training centre in paediatrics. This Handbook is a highlypopular, succinct guide to managing common and serious disorders inchildhood. It is used far beyond the hospital by medical, nursing,and allied health professionals caring for children. It emphasizesthe community-based approach to the management of children'sproblems along with clinical management by the doctor of firstcontact. This new 8th edition has been updated in line with theHospital's Clinical Practice Guidelines and features clearillustrations and diagnostic and management algorithms.
The must have management guide for all paediatricclinicians and students
With today’s busy clinician requiring an reliable,‘one-stop-shop’ to questions on important paediatricconditions, who better to present the latest edition of a popularpaediatric handbook than the team at The Royal Children’sHospital, Melbourne, long-regarded as the leading clinical andtraining centre for Paediatric Medicine in Australia?
Some of the exciting new features of the 8th edition include:
• New chapters on sleep, continence, slow weight gain(failure to thrive) and obesity
• Extensively revised chapters on renal conditions, painmanagement and immigrant health
• New topics on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion(pumps), cystic fibrosis, stroke and management of illicit drugpoisoning
• Links to useful internet websites are now included,indicated by a www symbol in the text margins
• A new supplementary website at
• Resuscitation guide and Australian Immunisation schedule oninside covers
Besides being a clinical management guide to paediatrics, this isalso an excellent supplemental handbook for students, juniormedical staff and any medical practitioners needing a tool toenable fast decisions at point of care.
Review of the previousedition
“ This is an excellent handbook, which is most comprehensiveand easy to use. It is highly recommended for all resident andregistrar staff in paediatric hospitals and paediatric units.“
- Journal of Paediatric Child Health
656 pages; ISBN 9781444359152
, or download in or
Title: Paediatric Handbook
Author: Kate Thomson; Dean Tey; Michael Marks
Human Growth and Development 2010 US$ 64.00 233 pages
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages
Case Studies in Public Health Ethics 2009 US$ 35.00 156 pages