Case Studies in Superconducting Magnets
Design and Operational Issues
The 2nd edition emphasizes two areas not emphasized in the 1st edition: 1) high-temperature superconductor (HTS) magnets; 2) NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) magnets.
Despite nearly 40 years of R and D on superconducting magnet technology, most areas, notably fusion and electric power applications, are still in the R and D stage. One exception is in the area of NMR and MRI. NMR magnets are very popular among chemists, biologists, genome scientists, and most of all, by drug manufacturers for drug discovery and development. MRI and NMR magnets have become the most successful application of superconducting magnet technology and this trend should continue.
The 2nd edition will have new materials never treated formally in any other book of this kind. As with the 1st, most subjects will be presented through problem format to educate and train the designer.
716 pages; ISBN 9780387098005
, or download in
Title: Case Studies in Superconducting Magnets
Author: Yukikazu Iwasa
- Academic > Physics > Magnetism > Magnetic materials
- Academic > Physics > Magnetism > Superconducting magnets
- Academic > Physics > Electricity and magnetism
- Academic > Physics > Physics; History
- Technology > Engineering > Mechanical
- Science > Physics
- Technology > Electronics
- Technology > Superconductors & Superconductivity
- Technology > Material Science