100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools
If you've bought or sold items through eBay, or through hundreds of other online sites, then you're familiar with PayPal, the online payment service. With PayPal, a valid email address, and a credit card or bank account, you can easily send and receive payments online. Not a bank or financial institution itself, PayPal describes its service as one that builds on the financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards, and using advanced propriety fraud prevention systems, creates a safe, global, real-time payment solution. Put simply, PayPal provides the means for people to conduct financial transactions online, instantly and securely.
But there's more to PayPal than meets the eye. PayPal Hacks shows you how to make the most of PayPal to get the most out of your online business or transactions. Authors Shannon Sofield of Payloadz.com and PayPal evangelist David Nielsen guide you through the rigors of using and developing with PayPal. Whether you're building an ecommerce site using PayPal as a transaction provider, or simply trying to pay for an eBay auction without getting burned, PayPal Hacks will give you the skinny on this leading global online payment service.
The collection of tips and tricks in PayPal Hacks shows you how to find or even build the right tools for using PayPal to buy and sell on eBay or as a transaction provider for ecommerce on your own site. Written for all PayPal users, from those just starting out to those developing sophisticated ecommerce sites, this book begins with the basics such as setting up your account, then moves quickly into specific tips and tools for buyers, sellers, and developers.
With PayPal Hacks, you can:
- Learn extra steps to help protect yourself while buying or selling on eBay
- Save time and money with advanced tips and undocumented features
- Learn dozens of easy-to-follow procedures to help you request and receive payments and fill orders
- Use PayPal to handle subscriptions, affiliate systems, and donations
- Create and customize your customers' checkout process
- Effortlessly integrate PayPal's shopping cart system into your own website
- Implement digital fulfillment with Instant Payment Notification (IPN) and Payment Data Transfer (PDT)
- Develop and distribute ecommerce applications with the PayPal API
Title: PayPal Hacks
Author: Shannon Sofield; Dave Nielsen; Dave Burchell
Programming in Haskell 2007 US$ 52.00 185 pages