The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
SharePoint for Project Management
How to Create a Project Management Information System (PMIS) with SharePoint
"If you are a project manager looking for a technology-based, easily implemented, and usable solution for project communications, document management, and general project organization, this book is for you!"-Susan Weese, PgMP, President and Founder, Rhyming Planet
Most companies don't understand SharePoint's power, and use it simply to share documents or spreadsheets. This hands-on book demonstrates how SharePoint can also help you organize and manage complex projects. With SharePoint for Project Management, you'll not only understand how to apply common and practical project management concepts in SharePoint, you'll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can efficiently coordinate communication and collaboration among team members. With this book, you will:
- Learn to apply key project management techniques by leveraging SharePoint as a PMIS
- Track a case study that illustrates the circumstances and processes of an effective SharePoint PMIS
- Appropriately define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
- Centralize project documents and keep track of document history with version control
- Automate project reporting mechanisms and generate on-demand status reports
- Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
- Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Each chapter includes activities that let you practice what you learn. Most SharePoint books are either too introductory (for end users), or too technical (for system administrators). SharePoint for Project Management is just what project managers like you need to learn how to harness the organizational abilities of this powerful software.
256 pages; ISBN 9780596554057
, or download in