The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Learning Unix for Mac OS X Tiger
Beneath Mac OS X Tiger's easy-to-use Aqua interface lies a powerful Unix engine. Mac users know that Unix is at their fingertips, if only they knew how to access it. Learning Unix for Mac OS X Tiger provides Mac users with a user-friendly tour of the Unix world concealed beneath Mac OS X's hood and shows how to make the most use of the command-line tools.
Thoroughly revised and updated for Mac OS X Tiger, this new edition introduces Mac users to the Terminal application and shows you how to navigate the command interface, explore hundreds of Unix applications that come with the Mac, and, most importantly, how to take advantage of both the Mac and Unix interfaces. Readers will learn how to:
- Launch and configure the Terminal application
- Customize the shell environment
- Manage files and directories
- Search with Spotlight from the command line
- Edit and create text files with vi and Pico
- Perform remote logins
- Access internet functions, and much more
288 pages; ISBN 9780596553043
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Growing Your Business With Google2005US$ 19.95350 pages