The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
iPhone Open Application Development
Write Native Applications Using the Open Source Tool Chain
"Great for beginners -- even if you don't know object-oriented programming, you can learn from examples on the 'Net and be on your way very soon. You will be able to confidently build apps that rival the ones included by Apple itself."-- Josh Content, iPhone Developer
Developers everywhere are eager to create applications for the iPhone, and many of them prefer the open source, community-developed tool chain to Apple's own toolkit. In this new edition of iPhone Open Application Development, author Jonathan Zdziarski covers the latest version of the open toolkit -- now updated for Apple's iPhone 2.x software and iPhone 3G -- and explains in clear language how to create applications using Objective-C and the iPhone API.
Zdziarski, who cracked the iPhone code and built the first fully-functional application with the open toolkit, includes detailed recipes and complete examples for graphics and audio programming, games programming with the CoreSurfaces and CoreImage interfaces, working with iTunes, and using sensors. With the open toolkit and this book, you can build iPhone applications that:
- Display status bars, preference tables, and other standard elements of the iPhone user interface
- Play pre-recorded files or program-generated sounds
- Read and write plain text files and HTML files, including pages from the Web, and control display elements, such as scrollbars
- Read and respond to changes in orientation when the user turns the phone around
And more. The first edition of this book developed an instant following and became the center of a movement. The second edition of iPhone Open Application Development will make this open source toolkit an indispensable part of iPhone application development.
272 pages; ISBN 9780596554187
, or download in or
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages
- Academic > Engineering > Electrical engineering. Electronics. Nuclear engineering > Telecommunication
- Computers > Data Transmission Systems > Electronic Data Interchange
- Computers > Programming > Object Oriented
- Computers > Hardware > Handheld Computing
- Computers > Personal Computers & Microcomputers
- Technology > Electronics