The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Isaac Newton and Physics for Kids
His Life and Ideas with 21 Activities
Featuring 21 hands-on projects that explore the scientific concepts Isaac Newton developed, this illuminating guide paints a rich portrait of the brilliant and complex man and provides young readers with a hands-on understanding of astronomy, physics, and mathematics. The activity-packed resource allows children to experiment with swinging pendulums, build a simple waterwheel, create a 17th-century plague mask, track the phases of the moon, bake an apple pye in a coffin,” and test Newton’s three laws of motion using coins, a skateboard, and a model boat they construct themselves. A time line, excerpts from Newton's own writings, online resources, and a reading list for further exploration ensure that kids will gravitate to this unique activity book.
144 pages; ISBN 9781613742129
, or download in or
More from this author
More Juvenile Nonfiction
- Academic > Physics > Physicists; Biography > Anderson, Carl D. (Carl David), 1905-
- Academic > Physics > Physicists; Biography > Newton, Isaac, Sir, 1642-1727
- Academic > Physics > Descriptive and experimental mechanics
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Abstracts; Periodicals
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Science & Technology
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Nature
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Biography & Autobiography