The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Strengths-Based Batterer Intervention
A New Paradigm in Ending Family Violence
"This book harkens a new era of intimate partner violence intervention, one in which we are free to experiment with alternative ways to end intimate partner abuse."
-Julia C. Babcock, PhD
Professor, University of Houston, TX (From the Foreword)
"The book you hold in your hands offers a variety of approaches intended to help abusive men change by utilizing the strengths and assets they already possess."
-Chris Huffine, PsyD
Allies in Change Counseling Center
Portland, OR (From the Foreword)
Strengths-based batterer intervention programs serve as a unique approach to intimate partner violence (IPV), building on individual strengths-not deficits-to help IPV offenders end their abusive lifestyles. This book assists counselors in providing IPV offenders with the skills, knowledge, and resources they need to permanently change their offending behavior.
The book discusses emerging theories and presents cutting-edge batterer intervention techniques that use positive psychology, such as solution-focused therapy, strengths-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, narrative therapy, and motivational interviewing.
- Chapters are conveniently organized by therapeutic model, each discussing the latest research, core concepts, objectives, and applications
- Case studies, both real-life and hypothetical, presenting quotes from and dialogues with offenders undergoing treatment
- Counselor tools, including exercises, questions, and assessment strategies that build on the offenders' strengths and competencies
Family violence professionals must recognize the power their clients have to utilize their strengths, skills, talents, desires, and dreams. It is from these strengths that clients will be able to transform themselves into the people they want to be.
343 pages; ISBN 9780826110824
, or download in
Manology 2013 US$ 10.93 288 pages
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 10.99 288 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Life saving
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Group
- Social Science > Social Work
- Family & Relationships > Abuse