The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Ethics of Doping and Anti-Doping
Redeeming the Soul of Sport?
In this radical and provocative critique of current anti-doping policy and practice, Verner Møller argues that the fight against doping – promoted as an initiative to cleanse sport of cheats – is at heart nothing less than a battle to save sport from itself, located on the fault-line between the will to purity and the will to win. Written in a lively and engaging style, and skilfully blending empirical case studies with cutting edge theory, this book represents an important statement on the nature of sport, morality and modernity. It is important reading for all serious students and scholars of the ethics, sociology and politics of sport.
168 pages; ISBN 9781134013470
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Special situations and conditions > Sports medicine
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Infectious and parasitic diseases
- Social Science > Social Issues > Drug Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Philosophy > Ethics & Moral Philosophy
- Self-Help > Substance Abuse & Addictions
- Sports & Recreation