The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
International Trade Law 4/e
In today’s globalised world, an understanding of international trade is essential for those studying and practising law, business, banking and finance. International Trade Law offers a comprehensive and informed analysis of the complexities of an international sale transaction through case law, policy documents, legislation, international conventions and rules adopted by international organisations such as the ICC. Focusing on international sales of goods and the various relations that arise as a result of sale contract, this book considers and discusses:
- standard trade terms, the Convention on International Sales of Goods 1980 and the UNIDROIT Principles for International Commercial Contracts 2004
- issues relating to E-Commerce including electronic transport documents, especially electronic bills of landing
- international transportation of cargo, both unimodal (sea, air, land and rail) and multimodal, the various conventions affecting such transportation and the proposed new convention drafted by UNCITRAL and CMI
- insurance and payment mechanisms, in particular letters of credit and the recently adopted UCP 600
- dispute resolution including issues of jurisdiction, applicable law, arbitration and mediation
- corruption as a major challenge to conducting business and the various anti-corruption conventions, in particular the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention 1997 and the UN Convention Against corruption 2003.
Accessible to students encountering this often challenging area of the law for the first time, International Trade Law clarifies a range of topics through tables and diagrams, and directs the reader to relevant further reading, online resources, and journal articles throughout.
Title: International Trade Law 4/e
Author: Indira Carr
How the World Sees You 2014 US$ 16.99 256 pages
The Essential Financial Toolkit 2010 US$ 46.00 195 pages