The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Branding New York
How a City in Crisis Was Sold to the World
Winner of the 2009 Robert Park Book Award for best Community and Urban Sociology book!
Branding New York traces the rise of New York City as a brand and the resultant transformation of urban politics and public life. Greenberg addresses the role of "image" in urban history, showing who produces brands and how, and demonstrates the enormous consequences of branding. She shows that the branding of New York was not simply a marketing tool; rather it was a political strategy meant to legitimatize market-based solutions over social objectives.
328 pages; ISBN 9781135919122
, or download in
- Academic > Sociology > Communities. Classes. Races > Urban groups. The city. Urban sociology > Mental and moral life
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business
- Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning
- Social Science > Sociology
- History > United States
- Business > Advertising & Promotion
- Business > Marketing
- Business > Public Relations
- Political Science