The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Fully updated and revised, this bestselling genealogy guide helps you tap into the wealth of global ancestry records and offers proven strategies for both traditional and electronic research. How to Do Everything: Genealogy, Second Edition explores basic rules of genealogical evidence, evaluation of source materials, research methods, and successful techniques for web-based research. You'll get new information on DNA-based records, social networking sites, blogs, podcasts, the latest hardware and software, and much more.
- Set up and organize your family tree
- Place your ancestors into context and locate essential records of their lives
- Trace census, immigration, church, cemetery, military, and property records in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- Locate and access document repositories, such as libraries and archives and their online catalogs
- Conduct effective Internet research
- Get past brick walls and dead ends in your research
- Research and verify your ancestors using genetic genealogy (DNA)
- Plan a very successful research trip
- Determine the best technology for your research, including portable devices and databases
- Share your findings with family members and collaborate with other researchers
456 pages; ISBN 9780071625357
, or download in or