Policing Critical Incidents
Leadership and Critical Incident Management
The aim of this book is to examine the qualities of leadership and decision-making in the police service.
Based on groundbreaking research using unique, advanced methods for examining policing in complex critical incident environments, the book focuses principally on a series of police debriefs following live major critical incidents. It captures the views of the Senior Investigating Officers (SIOs) who worked on these cases and draws upon the very rich set of experiences that they have had in dealing with complex, stressful and demanding enquiries.
The book provides an introduction to new methods for exploring leadership and decision-making in critical incidents. It will be an essential resource for developers of police training in leadership and decision-making, senior police officers involved in critical incident management, organisational psychologists who work within policing, and for students whose area of study covers policing, decision-making or criminal investigation.
272 pages; ISBN 9781136732973
, or download in or
Title: Policing Critical Incidents
Author: Laurence Alison; Jonathan Crego
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Law Enforcement
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare > Emergency Services
- Social Science > Criminology
- True Crime