The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Inventing Fear of Crime
As fear of crime has grown in society, it has become of increasing concern for criminologists, policy makers, politicians, police and the media. This book traces the historical emergence of the fear of crime concept, addresses the issue of fear of crime and political rationality, and analyses fear of crime as a tactic or technique of government. It is essential reading on one of the key issues in government and politics in contemporary society.
232 pages; ISBN 9781134017225
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Victims of crimes. Victimology
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare > Emergency Services
- Social Science > Criminology