The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Gender, Crime Criminal Justice
This book provides a lucid and highly acclaimed introduction to gender issues in crime and criminal justice, central to any understanding of crime and criminal justice policy and practice.
This second edition has been updated to take full account of recent developments, particularly in the areas of policing, crime prevention, restorative justice and legislation relating to sexual offences and the nature and impact of crime on women ? in particular the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Gender, Crime and Criminal Justice is divided into three main sections. The first considers different ways of theorising about gender and the relative impact of this on thinking about crime and criminal victimisation; the second considers some of the evidence in relation to people's gendered experiences of crime and criminal victimisation; the third considers how those working within the criminal justice system, and the policies that are put in place, work to sustain or change those experiences of crime and criminal victimisation in relation to gender.
248 pages; ISBN 9781134031221
, or download in or
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Criminal anthropology
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration
- Academic > Psychology > Criminal Psychology
- Law > Jurisprudence
- Law > Gender & the Law
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Social Science > Criminology