Amazon Web Services Made Simple: Learn how Amazon EC2, S3, SimpleDB and SQS Web Services enables you to reach business goals faster
The types of solutions customers have built include Application Hosting, Backup and Storage, Content Delivery, E-Commerce, High Performance Computing, Media Hosting, On-Demand Workforce, Search Engines and Web Hosting.
This book covers AMazon Web Services'comprehensive cloud computing platform and what it means for your business:
Amazon Web Services is more than a collection of infrastructure services. With the same pay as you go pricing, you can save time by incorporating identity, payment, database, messaging, and other services that will give you a head start on delivering for your business. All AWS services are priced on a pay as you go model, with no up front expenses or long-term commitments.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2T) - A web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. Configure an Amazon Machine Instance (AMI) and load it into the Amazon EC2 service. Quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as your computing requirements change.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3T) - A simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve large amounts of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, fast, inexpensive data storage infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites.
- Amazon SimpleDBT - A web service for running queries on structured data in real time. This service works in close conjunction with Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), collectively providing the ability to store, process and query data sets in the cloud. Amazon SimpleDB is easy to use and provides the core functionality of a database-real-time lookup and simple querying of structured data-without the operational complexity.
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQST) - A reliable, highly scalable, hosted queue for storing messages as they travel between computers. By using Amazon SQS, developers can simply move data between distributed components of their applications that perform different tasks, without losing messages or requiring each component to be always available.
Title: Amazon Web Services Made Simple: Learn how Amazon EC2, S3, SimpleDB and SQS Web Services enables you to reach business goals faster
Author: Donald Robinson
Programming in Haskell 2007 US$ 52.00 185 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Expert systems
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Internet
- Computers > Information Storage & Retrieval
- Computers > Business Software
- Computers > Certification