The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Ice Sheets and Landforms
The aim of the book is to outline glacial landforms and sediments and to provide the reader with the tools required to interpret glacial landscapes. It describes how glaciers work and how the processes of glacial erosion and deposition which operate within them are recorded in the glacial landscape.
The Second Edition is presented in the same clear and concise format as the First Edition, providing detailed explanations that are not cluttered with unnecessary detail. Additions include a new chapter on Glaciations around the Globe, demonstrating the range of glacial environments present on Earth today and a new chapter on Palaeoglaciology, explaining how glacial landforms and sediments are used in ice-sheet reconstructions. Like the original book, text boxes are used throughout to explain key concepts and to introduce students to case study material from the glacial literature. Newly updated sections on Further Reading are also included at the end of each chapter to point the reader towards key references. The book is illustrated throughout with colour photographs and illustrations.
400 pages; ISBN 9781119966692
, or download in or
More from this author
- Glacial Sedimentary Processes and Products2009US$ 159.95436 pages
- Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology2005US$ 219.95414 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography, Juvenile literature
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain > Other natural landforms: Floodplains, caves, deserts, dunes, etc.
- Academic > Physical Geography > Other natural landforms > Glacial landforms
- Academic > Physical Geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Geology