The Earth Transformed
An Introduction to Human Impacts on the Environment
Among the subjects described and considered by the authors are desertification, deforestation, wetland management, biodiversity, climatic change, air pollution, the impact of cities on climate and hydrology, erosion, salinization, waste disposal, sea level rise, marine pollution, coral reef degradation and aquaculture.
The book is organized around 45 case studies taken from all parts of the globe and chosen for their intrinsic interest and representative nature. Further features of the book include guides to further reading, suggestions for debate and study, and a glossary of terms.
The book is aimed to meet the needs of students beginning courses on environmental science and geography.
448 pages; ISBN 9781118697016
, or download in or
Title: The Earth Transformed
Author: Andrew S. Goudie; Heather A. Viles
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Human influences on the environment
- Academic > Life Sciences > Biology > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Academic > Geography > Human ecology. Anthropogeography > Human influences on the environment
- Academic > Geography > Human ecology. Anthropogeography > By region or country
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Environmental Science
- Social Science > Human Geography