The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Earth Surface Processes
Earth Surface Processes fits into the literature of the broad holistic discipline of 'Earth System Science.' The author illustrates the physical principles of earth's surface processes and explains the relevant theories by quantitative practical exercises.
- The pioneering textbook on the "new sedimentology"
- One of the first textbooks to adopt the Earth Systems approach to geology, developed at Penn State and Stanford
- Should reinvigorate more traditional courses in physical sedimentology and dynamical sedimentology
- Successfully marries the innovative holistic approach to Earth Systems with the traditional reductionist approach to sedimentary processes
- Explains both the global-scale Earth Surface System and the fluid dynamics and sedimentary transport processes that underlie this
- Quantitative approach is reinforced with worked examples and solutions
- Richly illustrated with original diagrams and a colour plate section
422 pages; ISBN 9781444313567
, or download in
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Solar system
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Earth
- Academic > Space Sciences > General > Stars Observations
- Academic > Space Sciences > General > Astronomy; Amateurs' manuals
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Geophysics