The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Handbook of Infant Mental Health, Third Edition
Widely regarded as the standard reference in the field, this state-of-the-art handbook offers a comprehensive analysis of developmental, clinical, and social aspects of mental health from birth to the preschool years. Leading authorities explore models of development; biological, family, and sociocultural risk and protective factors; and frequently encountered disorders and disabilities. Evidence-based approaches to assessment and treatment are presented, with an emphasis on ways to support strong parent child relationships. The volume reviews the well-documented benefits of early intervention and prevention and describes applications in mental health, primary care, childcare, and child welfare settings. New to This Edition Significantly updated and revised to reflect scientific and clinical advances. 14 new topics covered. Cutting-edge assessment and intervention models. Important findings on brain development and early experiences. Explores key gains in understanding and treating autism, language delays, trauma, attachment disorders, and more.
More Social Science
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Diseases of children and adolescents > Mental disorders. Child psychiatry
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Examination. Diagnosis
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Medicine > Psychiatry
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology
- Social Science > Social Work