The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Healthcare Research Ethics and Law
Regulation, Review and Responsibility
The book explores and explains the relationship between law and ethics in the context of medically related research in order to provide a practical guide to understanding for members of research ethics committees (RECs), professionals involved with medical research and those with an academic interest in the subject.
Healthcare Research Ethics and Law sets out the law as it relates to the functions of Research Ethics Committees (RECs) within the context of the process of ethical review and aims to be accessible and readily understood by REC members. Each chapter begins by locating the material within the practical context of ethical review and then provides a more theoretical and analytical discussion detailing how the theory and practice fit together. The key legal issues of confidentiality, consent and negligence are addressed in detail, alongside practical guidance as to how and when liability may be incurred in these areas. In addition, the practical and legal implications of the implementation of European Directive 2001/20/EC, the Human Tissue Act 2004 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 are considered alongside a discussion of their socio-political background and relevance for medical research in the UK.
188 pages; ISBN 9781135309275
, or download in or
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Medical legislation
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law > Schools of legal theory
- Academic > Law > Law of the Roman Catholic Church. The Holy See > Official acts of the Holy See
- Academic > Law > Law of the Roman Catholic Church. The Holy See > Medical ethics and legislation. Church policy
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Periodicals
- Philosophy > Ethics & Moral Philosophy
- Medicine > Ethics
- Medicine > Research
- Law > Medical Law & Legislation
- Law > Jurisprudence