The Complete Guide to the Gap Year
The Best Things to Do Between High School and College
* Readers can find out what college admissions deans think ofthe gap year, and how it is becoming an important part of theeducational process at top tier universities.
*Economically, the gap year can make a lot of sense in arecession, and this useful guide gives information on freeprograms, financial aid, and tax savings.
*The book has a comprehensive guide to 200 of the world's bestgap year programs.
*Students will find self-quizzes and helpful criteria to helpthem decide whether to take a gap year, and if so what kind ofprogram. This guide helps them evaluate their interests and planand fund their gap year; whether it means spending a year on asailing vessel, coaching sports and teaching in an impoverishedarea, or following a passion in the arts or academics.
264 pages; ISBN 9780470501214
, or download in or
Title: The Complete Guide to the Gap Year
Author: Kristin M. White
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education > Orthodox Eastern Church
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Exceptional children and youth. Special education > Children and youth with disabilities. Learning disabled children and youth
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Nonformal education
- Study Aids > College Guides
- Education > Vocational Guidance
- Business > Careers