The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Strategy in the American War of Independence: A Gl
This book examines the strategies pursued by the Colonies and the other combatants in the American War for Independence, placing the conflict in its proper global context.
Many do not realize the extent to which the 1775 colonial rebellion against British rule escalated into a global conflict. Collectively, this volume examines the strategies pursued by the American Colonies, Great Britain, France, Spain, and Holland, and the League of Armed Neutrality, placing the military, naval, and diplomatic elements of the struggle in their proper global context. Moreover, assessing how each nation prosecuted their respective wars provides lessons for current students of strategic studies and military and naval history.
This book will be of great interest to students of strategic studies, American history, Military History and political science in general.
Donald Stoker is Professor of Strategy and Policy for the US Naval War College’s Monterey Program in Monterey, California. He joined the Strategy and Policy faculty in 1999 and has taught both in Monterey and Newport.
Kenneth J. Hagan, Professor Emeritus, the U.S. Naval Academy, is currently Professor of Strategy and Policy for the U.S. Naval War College’s Monterey Program.
Michael T. McMaster is a Professor at the U.S. Naval War College in Monterey. He is a retired U.S. Navy Commander.
272 pages; ISBN 9781134210381
, or download in or
More from this author
- Britain, France and the Naval Arms Trade in the Baltic, 1919 -19392003US$ 168.00218 pages
- Military Advising and Assistance2007US$ 49.95288 pages
- Academic > History > United States > The Revolution, 1775-1783
- Academic > History > America > General
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)