External Perceptions of the European Union as a Global Actor
This book examines how the European Union (EU) is perceived beyond its borders in the US; the Middle East: Israel, Palestinian territories, Lebanon, Iran; Russia; China; India; Brazil and South Africa. The book also analyses the main perceptions of the EU in some key international institutions, including the World Bank; World Trade Organization, United Nations, African Union; and transnational actors, including non-Western media such as Al Jazeera. It seeks to provide a thorough analysis of the implications that these perceptions might have for the global role of the EU.
By taking this approach and by providing both conceptual and empirical arguments, the volume provides an innovative perspective on the analysis of the EU as a global actor. It also strengthens a research agenda on the EU external image: an underdeveloped area of investigation in which the editors and the main contributors to this volume have played a pioneering role in the past few years.
It will be of strong interest to academics and students of international politics, European studies and development studies.
250 pages; ISBN 9781135239497
, or download in
Title: External Perceptions of the European Union as a Global Actor
Author: Sonia Lucarelli; Lorenzo Fioramonti
The Principal's Quick-Reference Guide to School Law 2014 US$ 45.95 433 pages
Economic Espionage and Industrial Spying 2004 US$ 32.00 288 pages
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > General
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > France
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > General
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > France
- Political Science > International Relations
- Law > International