The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
25 Great Ways to Learn About Winter
Young readers become scientists in the field when this activity book sends them off to answer the question Why do we have winter? with experiments and projects that mix real science with real fun. Combining hands-on learning with trivia, jokes, riddles, and terrific illustrations, chapters start with the "tools" of sciencethe scientific method and how to keep a science journaland then investigate the winter constellations, long nights and long shadows, animal tracking in snow, and food-gathering behavior in birds. Several activities center on water and ice, including "The Freezing Point of Water," "Making Ice Cream," and "The Amazing Snowflake Crystal," while indoor projects include the study of static electricity and a recipe for simple yeast bread.
More from this author
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Solar system
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Earth; Photographs from space
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Winter
- Academic > Space Sciences > General > Stars Observations
- Academic > Space Sciences > General > Astronomy; Amateurs' manuals
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Science & Technology
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Nature
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials > Science & Technology