The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
It's About Time
Understanding Einstein's Relativity
In It's About Time, N. David Mermin asserts that relativity ought to be an important part of everyone's education--after all, it is largely about time, a subject with which all are familiar. The book reveals that some of our most intuitive notions about time are shockingly wrong, and that the real nature of time discovered by Einstein can be rigorously explained without advanced mathematics. This readable exposition of the nature of time as addressed in Einstein's theory of relativity is accessible to anyone who remembers a little high school algebra and elementary plane geometry.
The book evolved as Mermin taught the subject to diverse groups of undergraduates at Cornell University, none of them science majors, over three and a half decades. Mermin's approach is imaginative, yet accurate and complete. Clear, lively, and informal, the book will appeal to intellectually curious readers of all kinds, including even professional physicists, who will be intrigued by its highly original approach.
208 pages; ISBN 9781400830848
, or download in or
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Solids
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > General relativity (Physics)
- Academic > Physics > Atomic physics > Special relativity (Physics)
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Abstracts; Periodicals
- Academic > Physics > Space and time
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Early works to 1800
- Science > Physics
- Science > Time