The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
A Teaching Assistant's Guide to Completing NVQ Level 2
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Based on the updated National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, this new edition of A Teaching Assistant’s Guide to Completing NVQ Level 2 caters directly to the criteria of the course, providing the necessary ‘Knowledge and Understanding’ required as well as invaluable information regarding evidence collection.
Incorporating the changed guidelines regarding evidence collection this comprehensive guide demonstrates the role of the assessor in observing and questioning the candidate and that of the candidate asking colleagues to provide witness statements.
As well as providing in-depth underpinning knowledge for all mandatory units and a vast array of optional units, this book offers a range of tried-and-tested materials and practical advice for NVQ Level 2 candidates. The authors have included numerous self-assessment activities, case studies and quizzes to enable candidates to check their understanding of key concepts, to make connections from theory to practice and to assist them in their observation and assessment sessions.
Written in an engaging and approachable manner and illustrated with many cartoons, this book aims to give the candidate the knowledge necessary to embark on this qualification with confidence.
A wide range of chapters provides essential advice for NVQ Level 2 candidates, including how to:
- support children’s development;
- provide effective support for your colleagues;
- observe and report on pupil performance;
- provide support for learning activities;
- support a child with disabilities or special educational needs.
Highly practical and rooted in everyday classroom practice, this book is specifically aimed at teaching assistants enrolled on, or embarking upon, NVQ courses that support the government’s National Occupational Standards. In addition this book will be of benefit to schools and teachers who are supporting teaching assistants taking this course.
264 pages; ISBN 9781135270773
, or download in or
More from this author
- A Teaching Assistant's Guide to Child Development and Psychology in the Classroom2011US$ 35.95227 pages
- Improving Pupil Motivation Together2012US$ 31.95161 pages
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > School administration and organization > Teaching personnel
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Education and training of teachers and administrators > Certification of teachers
- Study Aids > Tests
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Evaluation