The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
And Satisfying My Hunger for Life without Opening the Fridge
In this new, inspiring memoir from the beloved actress and author of the bestseller Losing It, Valerie tells the story of what happens after you change your life. It's not all peaches and cream, or even non-fat yogurt.
In Finding It, Valerie comes face-to-face with hard questions of family, faith, and beachwear, and realizes that she's hungering for another transfor-mation -- to become better, not just thinner. Forget the scale; the real change is happening inside, and Valerie realizes that this is the part of dieting that no one ever talks about -- the reality of keeping the pounds off. Dieting fixes one problem, she discovers, but to maintain that weight loss, she has to work on everything else -- all the reasons she got fat in the first place.Warm and friendly, honest and self-aware -- like a talk with your BFF -- Finding It tells of the common worries and frustrations, the funny and fabulous moments in Valerie's publicly private life. Humorous and humble, it is also the emotional story of family and the deep bonds and patterns that persist through generations: for as Valerie transitions to her latest role of motherhood with an increasingly independent son, she connects with her own mother in a profound new way.
With the same winning wit and candor that touched several generations of fans in Losing It, Finding It is an optimistic story for trying times. It's about believing in love and happiness, having faith that both are possible, and finding out that God does want you to enjoy life's desserts -- even when you're on a diet.
304 pages; ISBN 9781439159095
More Social Science
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > Renaissance, general works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > Renaissance, special topics
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > Modern, special topics
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > 17th century
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > 18th century
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Technique of dramatic composition > General works, German
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Biography of Critics
- Academic > Performing Arts > Special regions or countries
- Academic > Literature > Drama
- Biography & Autobiography > Women
- Biography & Autobiography > Rich & Famous
- Biography & Autobiography > Entertainment & Performing Arts
- Social Science > Women's Studies