The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Mining Economics and Strategy
The text covers what is meant by a cost-effective mining scheme, the economics of information, and the procedures for rational evaluation of uncertain projects. It defines "ore" from an economic perspective and covers the influence of scheduling on ore reserves.
Discounted cash flow techniques, the most widely used evaluation technique for investment decision making, is covered in detail. The assumption of the use of spreadsheets is unique to this book. The application of DCF techniques in an operating mine environment is given expanded coverage and examples are drawn from real-life studies.
The differences between economic decision-making--a forward-looking task--and the reporting of results via accounting methods--a backward-looking activity are reviewed. Capital and decision-making procedures associated with capital investments in a risk environment are given extensive coverage. Case studies for capital investment in an operating mine are included. Comprehensive examples investigate "value" from a risk-reduction perspective and from an "expected return on investment" perspective.
This book offers solutions to the problem that many mining projects fail to achieve expectations because of their inability to adapt to change. A new technique is explained that allows calculation of capital that is "at risk" from capital that is not at risk. This promises significant advances in the way that investments are made and capital is valued in the industry.
The book concludes with a brief review of the historical setting and knowledge difficulties in any mining-related investment, and how these issues might also influence the success of investments in the future.
316 pages; ISBN 9780873352888
, or download in or
The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization 2008 US$ 14.95 144 pages
Business Adventures 2014 US$ 14.99 400 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Industrial and factory sanitation
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Industrial and factory sanitation > Industrial and factory wastes
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Special industries and trades > Mineral industries. Metal trade
- Academic > Engineering > Sanitary engineering > Industrial and factory sanitation
- Academic > Engineering > Mining engineering. Metallurgy
- Technology > Engineering
- Technology > Metallurgy
- Business > Industries