Raising the Achievement of All Pupils Within an Inclusive Setting
Practical Strategies for Developing Best Practice
Schools everywhere are concerned with raising standards according to government requirements, particularly for those pupils who could be termed 'more able'. The key challenges revolve around government initiatives such as Every Child Matters, independent learning, inclusion and differentiation, thus making learning effective and successful for all pupils.
The authors of this highly engaging book carried out extensive analysis of 12 key schools, selected for their representation of common challenging educational circumstances including working with children from:
- Multi-lingual and multi-ethnic communities
- Low socio-economic and disadvantaged communities
- Small rural schools and big inner city communities
- Schools with high levels of special educational needs
All the case-study schools subscribe to the educational ethos of creating an environment for all pupils to discover their gifts and talents, and the authors show clearly how these findings can be applied in any school.
Raising the Achievement of All Pupils Within an Inclusive Setting describes the strategies that have been developed to provide equal opportunities for all pupils, whilst accommodating different individual needs and rates of development. A major focus is on identifying and resolving underachievement in schools.
Drawing upon intensive interviews with staff, pupils, parents and governors, the authors provide practical guidance for successfully raising motivation, achievement and educational standards in any school environment.
Teachers, Gifted and Talented Co-ordinators and school leaders seeking guidance and inspiration from real-life schools will benefit from the down-to-earth, achievable advice offered in this book.
212 pages; ISBN 9781135264895
, or download in or
Title: Raising the Achievement of All Pupils Within an Inclusive Setting
Author: Belle Wallace; Sue Leyden; Diane Montgomery; Carrie Winstanley; Michael Pomerantz; Sally Fitton
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Education and the state > Public school question. Secularization. Religious instruction in the public schools
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Inclusive education
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Teaching (Principles and practice)
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials