The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
English Teaching in the Secondary School
Linking Theory and Practice
Now in an updated third edition, English Teaching in the Secondary School is a comprehensive guide to the theory and practice of teaching English. Presenting an informed view of current educational policy, the authors provide advice to help students creatively and independently interpret government initiatives and incorporate them in their teaching practice. With practical ideas for use in the classroom, extensive discussion of theory and opportunities for reflection and critical thought, the authors guide students through the whole process of English teaching in the secondary school.
Fully updated to include:
- a chapter on research and writing for M Level students
- references to the Every Child Matters agenda
- updates to the KS3 and 14-19 curriculum
- revised GCSE specifications
- an emphasis on creativity, flexibility and learner engagement
- the impact of globalisation and technology on literacy.
Written in an accessible style, with a wealth of advice and ideas, this book forms essential reading for practising teachers, lecturers, PGCE students and those undertaking initial teacher training, and is suitable for those engaging in M Level study.
280 pages; ISBN 9781135245788
, or download in or
More from this author
- Education for Intercultural Citizenship2006US$ 49.95266 pages
- Becoming Interculturally Competent through Education and Training2009US$ 39.95233 pages
More Language Arts
Cambridge English as a Second Language Coursebook 2009 US$ 26.00 178 pages
The Amsterdam Connection 2001 US$ 6.00 81 pages