The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The ICT Handbook for Primary Teachers
A Guide for Students and Professionals
The ICT Handbook for Primary Teachers will help all those involved in primary education, whether in training, teaching or leadership roles, to develop the ICT knowledge, understanding and skills required to enhance children’s learning in the classroom.
Covering theory and practise this essential Handbook explores and outlines the usefulness of ICT in a range of primary contexts, and advice is offered on assessing whether ICT is preferable to other approaches for ‘enhancing learning’. With additional online resources, providing activities, multimedia resources and further reading, the book covers:
- Statutory requirements for using ICT in the curriculum at all levels
- Using ICT in core curriculum subjects and in cross-curricular contexts, referring to key PNS framework objectives
- Advice on incorporating a range of ICT resources into children’s learning
- Different models of e-learning (handheld devices, interactive whiteboards, the internet)
- How ICT can be used to help pupils with special educational needs
- Using ICT for planning, delivery, assessment and recording
This book is an indispensible guide to ICT for students on PGCE, BEd and undergraduate teaching courses, along with practising teachers, SENCOs, ICT co-ordinators and school leaders.
242 pages; ISBN 9781135190415
, or download in or
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Teaching (Principles and practice)
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Elementary or public school education
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials > Science & Technology
- Education > Elementary
- Education > Computers & Technology