The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Rescuing Canada's Right
Blueprint for a Conservative Revolution
Canadians everywhere are asking: what's wrong with the Conservative Party? The Liberal Party of Canada has held power for 70 of the past 100 years--a feat unrivaled by any other political party in the Western hemisphere. This dominance has caused a great deal of frustration on all political fronts, especially on the right. In the past two years, the long-awaited merger of the Canadian Alliance and the Progressive Conservatives has not achieved the results many were expecting. Despite the explosive revelations of the sponsorship scandal, and attempts to improve his party's image, Stephen Harper's Conservatives still trail in the polls.
In Rescuing Canada's Right, the authors examine the problems facing the Conservative Party and the broader conservative movement, and offer concrete solutions on how to fix them. Some of the issues the book will address:
- Why the Conservative Party and its predecessor parties have such a poor electoral record;
- Why today's Conservative Party is not really conservative.
- Why a new political vision is necessary to inspire Canadians--and what it should be.
- How the Liberals use public money to entrench an unhealthy reliance on the state--and how the right has failed to challenge it
- What Canadian conservatives can learn from the American and British experiences
- How to build a Canadian Conservative counter-culture in the media, academia, and the law
- How the right can break through to the young, and to immigrants in Quebec
- An action plan to end Canada's democratic deficit and level the political playing field.
Rescuing Canada's Right will be a hard-hitting and groundbreaking work that will introduce new ideas and a passionate call for change for 21st century Canada.