The New Empire of Debt
The Rise and Fall of an Epic Financial Bubble
An updated look at the United States' precarious position giventhe recent financial turmoil
In The New Empire of Debt, financial writers Bill Bonnerand Addison Wiggin return to reveal how the financial crisis thathas plagued the United States will soon bring an end to this oncegreat empire.
Throughout the book, the authors offer an updated look at theUnited States' precarious position given the recent financialturmoil, and discuss how government control of the economy andfinancial system-combined with unfettered deficit spending andgluttonous consumption-has ravaged the business environment,devastated consumer confidence, and pushed the global economy tothe brink. Along the way, Bonner and Wiggin cast a wide angle lensthat looks back in history and ahead to the coming century: showinghow dramatic changes in the economic power of the United Stateswill inevitably impact every American.
- Reveals the financial realities the United States currentlyfaces and what the ultimate outcome may be
- Weaves together the worlds of politics, economics, and personalfinance in a way that underscores the severity of thesituation
- Addresses the events leading up to the implosion of the U.S.financial system
- Looks ahead to help you avoid the pitfalls presented by aweaker United States
- Other titles by Bonner: Empire of Debt, Financial ReckoningDay, and Mobs, Messiahs, and Markets
- Other titles by Wiggin: I.O.U.S.A., Demise of theDollar, and Financial Reckoning Day
The United States is heading down a difficult path. The NewEmpire of Debt clearly shows how this has happened anddiscusses what you can do to overcome the financial challenges thatwill arise as the situation deteriorates.
356 pages; ISBN 9780470528716
, or download in or
Title: The New Empire of Debt
Author: Will Bonner; Addison Wiggin; Agora
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages