Diversity and Motivation
Culturally Responsive Teaching in College
This revised and updated second edition of Diversity and Motivation offers a comprehensive understanding of teaching methods that promote respect, relevance, engagement, and academic success. Margery B. Ginsberg and Raymond J. Wlodkowski base their insights and concrete suggestions on their experiences and research as college faculty.
The book defines norms, illustrates practices, and provides tools to develop four foundational conditions for intrinsically motivated learning: establishing inclusion, developing a positive attitude, enhancing meaning, and engendering competence. The authors provide perspectives on the social justice implications of each condition.
Diversity and Motivation includes resources to help educators create a supportive community of learners, facilitate equitable discussions in linguistically diverse classrooms, design engaging lessons, and assess students fairly. The ideas in this book apply across disciplines and include teaching practices that can be easily adapted to a range of postsecondary settings.
In addition, the authors include a cohesive approach to syllabus construction, lesson design, and faculty development. This new edition also contains a framework for motivating students outside traditional classroom settings.
, or download in or
Title: Diversity and Motivation
Author: Margery B. Ginsberg; Raymond J. Wlodkowski
Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites 2010 US$ 33.95 169 pages
Biology for the IB Diploma 2015 US$ 47.00 415 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Education and the state > Public school question. Secularization. Religious instruction in the public schools
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Immigrants or ethnic and linguistic minorities. Bilingual schools
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Higher
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education