CliffsQuickReview Microbiology contains the foundation material for microbiology courses required for careers in nursing, dental hygiene, medical technology, food and nutrition, pharmacy, and medicine. This comprehensive guide begins with an introduction covering microorganism classification and a brief history of the subject. The rest of the guide includes essential vocabulary and in-depth coverage of key topic areas, including
- The chemical basis of microbiology
- Microscopy, including how light microscopes work, staining techniques
- Microbial cultivation and growth; microbial genetics
- DNA and gene expression
- The bacteria, viruses, fungi, unicellular algae, protozoa
- Infectious disease; diseases of the skin and eyes; diseases of the nervous, respiratory, digestive, reproductive, cardiovascular, and lymphatic systems
- Aquatic, soil, food, and industrial microbiologies
CliffsQuickReview Microbiology acts as a supplement to your textbook and to classroom lectures. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — it's written in detailed but easy-to-understand language with brief paragraphs that don't overwhelm you.
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.
263 pages; ISBN 9780764577819
, or download in
Author: I. Edward Alcamo
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
RESULTS Coaching 2010 US$ 34.95 265 pages