Becoming a Landscape Architect
A Guide to Careers in Design
Blending aesthetics and environmental consciousness, landscapearchitecture is one of the fastest growing fields, according to theUS Department of Labor. Becoming a Landscape Architect givesyou a comprehensive survey of the field as it is practiced today,and explains how to get started and how to succeed in thisexciting, creative, and in-demand profession.
Featuring more than thirty-five interviews with leadinglandscape architects and more than 250 illustrations, the guidecovers everything an aspiring landscape architect needs to know-from education and training, design specialties, and work settingsto preparing an effective portfolio and finding a job inresidential, ecological, commercial, and parks design.
- Complete guide to the profession of landscape architecture, oneof today's fastest growing fields
- More than thirty-five interviews with leading landscapedesigners and educators give you an idea of what it's really liketo work as a landscape architect
- Over 250 striking illustrations and a lively interior make thebook visually appealing as well as informative
- Explains different educational paths and their prerequisitesand requirements
- Author Kelleann Foster is Associate Professor and AssistantDepartment Head, Department of Landscape Architecture, PennsylvaniaState University and Managing Partner, Visual InteractiveCommunications Group
368 pages; ISBN 9780470640012
, or download in or
Title: Becoming a Landscape Architect
Author: Kelleann Foster