Becoming a Landscape Architect
A Guide to Careers in Design
Blending aesthetics and environmental consciousness, landscape architecture is one of the fastest growing fields, according to the US Department of Labor. Becoming a Landscape Architect gives you a comprehensive survey of the field as it is practiced today, and explains how to get started and how to succeed in this exciting, creative, and in-demand profession.
Featuring more than thirty-five interviews with leading landscape architects and more than 250 illustrations, the guide covers everything an aspiring landscape architect needs to know- from education and training, design specialties, and work settings to preparing an effective portfolio and finding a job in residential, ecological, commercial, and parks design.
- Complete guide to the profession of landscape architecture, one of today's fastest growing fields
- More than thirty-five interviews with leading landscape designers and educators give you an idea of what it's really like to work as a landscape architect
- Over 250 striking illustrations and a lively interior make the book visually appealing as well as informative
- Explains different educational paths and their prerequisites and requirements
- Author Kelleann Foster is Associate Professor and Assistant Department Head, Department of Landscape Architecture, Pennsylvania State University and Managing Partner, Visual Interactive Communications Group
368 pages; ISBN 9780470640012
, or download in or
Title: Becoming a Landscape Architect
Author: Kelleann Foster