Netbooks For Dummies
Netbooks are the fastest-selling segment of the PC market. These small, lightweight mini-laptops are less expensive and run longer on a battery charge than traditional laptops. This is the first book to cover everything from choosing the right Netbook to adding memory and remote access.
You'll learn to compare various models and identify what best meets your needs, connect to the Internet almost anywhere, choose and use free productivity tools, and much more. Netbooks For Dummies covers both Windows and Linux, since Netbooks are available with either operating system.
- Explains what Netbooks are, what they can do, and the advantages of mobile technology
- Provides criteria to help you decide what you need in a Netbook and descriptions of the available models, so you can choose one which best meets your needs
- Covers both Windows (including Windows 7) and Linux operating systems available on Netbooks
- Walks you through setting up a Netbook and shows you how it can work for you both at home and on the go
- Discusses free online productivity applications, data synchronization services, and social networks
- Covers advanced topics like adding memory and remote access
With Netbooks For Dummies, you'll be ready to make the most of the hottest mobile computing technology on the market today.
Title: Netbooks For Dummies
Author: Joel McNamara
101 Ready-To-Use Excel Macros 2012 US$ 23.99 338 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Netcentric computing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Personal Computers & Microcomputers
- Computers > Hardware