The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Importance of Being Earnest
CliffsNotes on The Importance of Being Earnest offers a concise look at this Victorian farce, which tweaks the complacency and aristocratic attitudes prevalent among the wealthy upper class of the time. Hidden identities, fierce repartee, underlying passions, and surprises punctuate this lively play.
This study guide shows, through its expert commentaries, just how three sets of lovers clear up mishap and misunderstandings and end up happily ever after. Other features that help you figure out this survey of Victorian social issues include
- A close look at the author's life, which itself was rife with scandal and ruin
- Summaries and commentaries, act by act
- Descriptive character analyses
- A character map that reveal key relationships
- Critical essays on Victorian views on compassion, religion, marriage, and more
- A review section that tests your knowledge, and suggested essay topics
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
74 pages; ISBN 9780764568107
, or download in
More Literary Criticism
The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei 2013 US$ 39.95 720 pages
Shakespeare and the Digital World 2014 US$ 24.00 280 pages
Paradise, Death and Doomsday in Anglo-Saxon Literature 2001 US$ 37.00 224 pages
Heller's Catch-22 1999 US$ 5.99 36 pages