Music and Dyslexia
A Positive Approach
This is a sequel to the highly successful Music and Dyslexia: Opening New Doors, published in 2001. The field of dyslexia has developed rapidly, particularly in the area of neuropsychology. Therefore this book focuses on these research advances, and draws out the aspects of music education that benefit young dyslexics. The contributors also discuss the problems that dyslexic musicians face, and several chapters are devoted to sight-reading and specific strategies that dyslexics can use to help them sight-read.
The book offers practical techniques and strategies, to teachers and parents to help them work with young dyslexics and dyslexic musicians.
Title: Music and Dyslexia
Author: Tim Miles; John Westcombe; Diana Ditchfield
- Academic > Performing Arts > Study and teaching > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Music in special education
- Music > Instruction & Study
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Special Education