Assuring Conformance and Quality of UMTS User Equipment
Testing UMTS is divided in three sections. Section One provides an overview of major types of testing and the organisations and tasks involved. In particular it looks at what is involved in conformance testing and device certification. Section Two is more technical and looks at the UMTS standard itself, working through the protocol layers. Future trends and their impact on testing mobile devices are examined in Section Three, including the emergence of new technologies both in the access network and the core network and the evolution of new testing methodologies.
- Examines UMTS and the testing of UMTS devices which are huge areas in the testing process
- Provides essential information on processes and techniques for mobile phone testing
- Operation of the UMTS standard is described from a test point of view
- Focuses on most important areas of the 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) standard from a test perspective
- Offers advice on products, services and resources that aid the testing process.
This book is an ideal text for engineers and managers who are either directly involved in the process of testing UMTS mobiles, or who are looking for an understanding of what is involved in testing. Professionals involved in the development of UMTS mobiles, integration and verification, conformance testing, operator acceptance testing, manufacturing and servicing will find this book indispensable.
277 pages; ISBN 9780470987766
, or download in
Title: Testing UMTS
Author: Daniel Fox
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages